Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Bleed Cont'd

Yup, I'm still bleeding.  There's no formula for what makes a "successful" miscarriage.  Sometimes the bleeding can go on.  And in my case, go on, go on and go on.  I spoke to the doctor yesterday who assured me it happens this way sometimes and since my blood test two weeks ago indicated still elevated hormone levels, a reappearance of the bloodletting was inevitable.

"It's all part of the body's healing process," she said.  

Great, what fun.  I've got a three-day job on a movie that's in town this week and I'm looking forward to the work.  I'll get to see some friends, make some money and get out of the house.  Eliza is wonderful as usual, but lately she's become very opinionated about what she wants to wear.  She wants to wear pretty spring dresses and sandals.  If only the weather would comply with her wishes.  It will be nice to go out without an hour long battle to get a feisty toddler into weather-appropriate clothing.  Although next time, I think I'm just going to take her out in the sundress and hope she learns why Mama wants her in pants.

But I'll miss my girl.  I might not see her at all for three days.  I've never gone three days in a row without seeing her.  She's become so incredibly verbal now.  She was always a big talker and has been speaking in sentences for a while.  But now we can have an actual conversation.  She seems to remember everything as well.  She blows me away with the stuff she remembers. Unfortunately, I have no examples to cite to you now.  The memory is so fleeting--what we think we will remember goes out of the mind as quickly as rain washes off a window.

Anyway, it's my last morning with my girl for a bit so I want to go sit with her.  I was going to clean the bathroom but screw that.  I want to sit side by side with my girl and eat cereal with raisins on the couch.

1 comment:

heiresschild said...

i hope you chose to sit side-by-side on the couch and eat cereal with raisins. you can clean anytime!

i wonder if stress is keeping you bleeding.

my niece's daughter is now 4 yrs old, and my niece doesn't sweat the clothes, even if it's not season-appropriate. those are man-made issues anyway. i say put some tights and a coat on Eliza when you go outside and let her wear her pretty spring/summer dresses and sandals, even though it's still winter. that's just me; you're still her Mother, so you have the last say-so.